We all know that meetings are important to a business. They provide a way for people to share information, collaborate on projects, and make decisions. They can also help to build relationships and create a sense of community. But they can also be a big time suck, and decrease productivity if they aren’t well planned.
The big question is, how do you make the best of your company meetings? In this piece we will consider how you can transform your meetings and make them more effective. But first, let us consider some benefits of meetings.
Why Meetings Matter
Meetings are like your team’s dynamic playground. The following are some benefits of having effective meetings:
- Communication: Meetings provide a platform for people to share information and ideas. Unlike other means of communication, meetings bring everyone together to listen at the same time. This can be especially important in a team setting, where everyone needs to be on the same page.
- Collaboration: Meetings can also be a great way for people to collaborate on projects. This is because, people have to be together to hold meetings. When people work together in person, they can brainstorm ideas, share feedback, and solve problems more effectively.
- Decision-making: Meetings can also be used to make decisions. When a group of people get together to discuss a problem, they share ideas. They can often use their ideas to come up with better solutions than if they were to try to solve it on their own.
- Relationship-building: Meetings can also help to build relationships between team members. When your team meets in person, they can get to know each other better and develop a sense of trust and camaraderie.
- Community-building: Meetings can also help to create a sense of community within an organization. When people come together to work on common goals, they can feel like they are part of something bigger than themselves.
How To Make Your Meetings Productive
While meetings can be powerful tools, they can also be a waste of time if things are not done the right way. Here are some tips for making meetings more productive:
- Have a clear agenda. A meeting without an agenda will end up wasting time and may not achieve any goals. So, before you start the meeting, make sure you have a clear agenda of what you want to accomplish. This will help to keep the meeting on track and prevent it from going off on tangents.
- Start and end on time. Everyone has something to do, so respect them by starting and ending the meeting on time. If you need to extend the meeting, let everyone know in advance. Keeping to your schedule will ensure everyone is focused during the meeting.
- Encourage participation. Make sure everyone has a chance to participate in the meeting. This will help to ensure that everyone feels heard and that the best ideas are shared.
- Take notes: Have someone take notes during the meeting so that you can refer back to them later. This will also help to ensure that everyone is on the same page. It will also ensure that you take necessary actions after the meeting.
- Follow up: After the meeting, send out a summary of the discussion and any action items that were assigned. This will help to ensure that everyone is on the same page and that the meeting is productive.
Ready to Elevate Your Meetings?
To ensure that meetings are NOT a waste of time, we recommend running the Level 10 meeting agenda from the EOS model.
We also recommend using Ninety.io software to keep all your meeting information in one, easy to access and update location
Get a free 30 day trial of Ninety.io here, and be sure to use their team to help set up your V/TO and company rocks. Ninety’s back-end support is fantastic and one of the best benefits of using their software. Take advantage of their help to get it set up correctly the first time
If you need help running Ninety or your Level 10 meetings, we can help you. Contact us today to see how The Fractionals can get your team aligned on your growth goals.